Poison Ivy Control
We apply a product designed for Poison Ivy (Roundup) at an application rate that will effectively kill it. Poison Ivy is a sub terrarium creeping vine which makes it very difficult to exterminate in one application, especially in older, established areas. 2-4 treatments may be required over a time period of 2 years. Our Poison Ivy control service starts at $250. Contact us to learn more about our Poison Ivy Treatment.
How to Identify Poison Ivy
The following four characteristics are sufficient to identify poison ivy in most situations:
- Clusters of three leaflets.
- Alternate leaf arrangement (leaf attachments are singular at nodes, and leaves alternate direction, to a greater or lesser degree, along the stem).
- Lack of thorns.
- Each group of three leaflets grows on its own stem, which connects to the main vine.
Possible Health Concerns
- Urushiol-induced contact dermatitis is the allergic reaction caused by poison ivy.
- In extreme cases, a reaction can progress to anaphylaxis.
- Urushiol binds to the skin on contact, where it causes severe itching that develops into reddish inflammation or non-coloured bumps, and then blistering.
About Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy grows throughout much of North America, including .the Maritime Provinces, Quebec, Ontario, and Manitoba.
- It is normally found in wooded areas, especially along edge areas where the tree line breaks and allows sunshine to filter through.
- It also grows in exposed rocky areas, open fields and disturbed areas.